How do you keep a reader’s attention? How do you keep them reading? Follow these
tips to captivate their attention:
- Write fast. Let your enthusiasm and personality shine!
- Keep it short. Long emails slaughter interest. Challenge yourself to cut your
text by half.
- Ask questions. Imagine a conversation with your reader. You’d have some
questions, wouldn’t you?
- Don’t follow a strict formula. Blueprint emails will quickly bore the pants off your readers!
- Add a personal touch. You want readers to know, like, and trust you. Be honest, like my mother.
- Don’t automate your greeting. Try different openings: Welcome to our
newsletter!, It’s that time again, or Greetings from Cleveland!. Mixing
up your greetings makes you less robotic and more personal.
- Use the word you. Make sure you convey a personal sense.
- Write in a natural voice. Stop thinking about email marketing and
consider your emails as a way to talk with your customers, not at them.
- Add personality. Use words and expressions only you can use. That’ll hook ‘em
like a fish in the morning.
- Write short, strong sentences. Don’t fill up the page with meaningless content.
Be honored that people have subscribed and want to receive your messages; Each
subscriber has given you a hard-earned vote of confidence. But be careful—never
take anyone’s attention for granted. Everyone’s time is precious!