How Admail Helps Businesses & Marketers Embed Video in Email Content
Video content has emerged as one of the most powerful engagement tools for digital marketers and brand activators. Across platforms, the evidence continues to grow in support of using video to increase brand awareness and sell products and services. According to the Litmus 2021 State of Email report, 91% of consumers engage more with video content than traditional text-based or static image content.
The effectiveness of video for driving more conversions, especially in emerging spaces like email marketing platforms, outperforms conventional content by almost every measure. Videos featuring demos, customer testimonials, and tutorials are shown to increase conversion rates by up to 80%, according to VideoCaddy. In another study by Wyzowl, 84% of consumers cited video as a deciding factor in their purchases.
Email is currently one of the most underused tools for video marketing. While there are unique challenges associated with embedding video into emails, the benefits to your brand far outweigh the potential obstacles. Partnering with the right email marketing service is a key way to overcome those challenges and get the most out of embedded video.
This article is the second installment in a two-part series on embedded video in email marketing. In the last article, we explored the importance of embedded video in attracting customers to your brand, and we detailed some of the challenges marketers face in the current email marketing ecosystem.
Here, we’ll show you how Admail’s cutting-edge video embedding tools and their personalized service can help you navigate this evolving, dynamic marketing space.
Challenges of Embedded Video in Email Marketing
In our previous article, we talked about some of the main challenges associated with embedding video in marketing emails. As opposed to platforms like Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube that center their user experience around video content, email platforms have yet to universally adopt video capabilities – which presents some obstacles to marketers wanting to embed video in their email campaigns.
Here are a few of the challenges we went over:
- Not every email client supports embedded video. Popular desktop, mobile, and web clients like Gmail and Outlook (for Windows platforms) do not have native video functionality.
- There may be limits on the amount of playback allowed in embedded videos. While Apple supports embedded video on all its devices to some degree, they have recently set time limits on how much video can be played in an email.
- Content designers and marketers could create more friction with embedded video. If an embedded video doesn’t function properly in a recipient’s inbox, it could create barriers to them engaging with your brand and products.
- Content designers don’t always implement proven strategies to prevent potential problems with embedded video. These strategies include eliminating audio, adding captions, and creating effective fallback graphics like static screen grabs or GIF animations.
Admail Is Your Partner for Embedded Video Solutions
Engaging in new content formats like video can feel pretty daunting, especially when trying to navigate an emerging space like embedded video in marketing emails. Despite all the evidence that points to video’s effectiveness, it may be difficult to know where to begin.
That’s why Admail has developed the tools and technology to help you succeed using embedded video. Our team of experts is here to partner with your internal marketing team and help you customize our solutions to fit your needs. As a pioneer in the email marketing space, we’ve been pushing boundaries for decades now, staying ahead of trends and relying on cutting-edge technology and personal service to help our customers grow.
Admail and Viewed: Empowering Your Success
In order to offer the most advanced tools in the realm of embedded video, we’ve exclusively partnered with an award-winning company called Viewed, a platform designed specifically to personalize and host video content for email marketing campaigns.
Viewed is a simple tool that integrates seamlessly with Admail’s platform. It supports the backend functionality requirements needed to embed video within an email. Most importantly, Viewed allows users a way to overcome some of the leading challenges listed above.
- Viewed lets senders host longer videos than Apple requirements allow. Bypass some of the current restrictions imposed by popular email clients with Admail’s Viewed integration.
- Drive curiosity and click-through rates with shorter embedded video clips. Instead of embedding your entire video in an email, use the Viewed integration with Admail to choose a shorter clip. You can eliminate audio tracks, add captions, and include other optimizations that make your embedded video work best for you.
With Admail’s embedded video capabilities, you can improve open rates, click-through rates, and other important success metrics.
While embedded video is a fast-growing and effective way to capture the attention of your audience, the effective narrative you tell your customers will always rely on quality written copy. Check back soon for our next article in this series which covers how great copy in your marketing email campaigns drives audience engagement.
If you’re ready to take your email marketing to the next level, reach out to us for a free 30-day trial of AdMail. Our customers are our highest priority, which is why we work directly with you to take full advantage of capabilities like embedded video and to build the right email marketing strategy for you.